- Chris runs Aloa, a software outsourcing firm, by day and indie hacks Mogul Networking by night.
- Chris turned a complicated spreadsheet into an app. Turns out spreadsheets are great candidates for becoming simplified applications.
- Chris sat on his iOS app for 4 years before checking its stats. He was surprised to find that he had over 2K downloads when he checked on it 8 months ago.
- Since Chris decided to turn on the monetization switch, he has gained his first 30 paying customers which gave him the push to take the side project more seriously.
- Applying the lessons you learn from your day job to your side project and vice versa is an exciting part of the journey, especially for life-long learners.
- If Chris could go back and have a redo he would have started earlier. Waiting too long to start or sitting on a project for too long leads to lost opportunities.
- People/products Chris is excited about in the indie space:
- Cookbook being built in public:
- Maker Sprint community:
- Churnkey: https://churnkey.co/
- Get in touch with Chris via Twitter @Raroque
podcast published with Caproni